mardi, août 15, 2006

Too Sleepy to Properly Rant About Why I Hate Technology


So after only a year of service, my P.C. completely crashed. Sh*tDa*nMut*aFu*ka!! Needless to say, I'm embarrassingly late on a myriad or projects that I have in the works from contributons to anthologies, DVD reviews, my TV column, my own personal writing, and alas, my blog. I guess its time to get creative. So I have been hogging the computer at Chica Luna Productions where I do grant writing. To top things off, my body is in a chronic state of sleepiness, they way it feels when its preparing it self to go to bed. So much has gone on in the world in just a week. So while I write apology letters to my various editors and try to keep up the 18 billion things I have to do between now and 2:00 p.m. tomorrow, I have included this poem by Derek Walcott that I think is really beautiful. Enjoy! :)

"Love After Love"

The time will come
when, with elation,
you will greet yourself arriving
at your own door, in your own mirror,
and each will smile at the other's welcome,

and say, sit here. Eat.
You will love again the stranger who was yourself.
Give wine. Give bread. Give back your heart to itself,
to itself, to the stranger who has loved you
all your life, whom you ignored
for another, who knows you by heart.
Take down the love letters from the bookshelf,

the photographs, the desperate notes,
peel your own image from the mirror.
Sit. Feast on your life.

---Derek Walcott


sough -- intransitive verb: 1. To make a soft, low sighing or rustling sound, as the wind. n:1 . a soft, low rustling or sighing sound

"Since the time of Homer every European, in what he could say about the Orient, was a racist, an imperialist, and almost totally ethnocentric"
---Edward Said