lundi, septembre 11, 2006

9/11




On September 11, 2001, I remember that I was a senior at Spelman College. I woke up early because I had a meeting with my senior honors thesis advisor Dr. Tarshia Stanley. I remember seeing the first plane going into the World Trade Center on TV and didn't know exactly what to make of it. I remember telling Dr. Stanley about it as soon as we met up and we both had no idea what to make of it. We went on with our meeting and after it finished we both walked out of her office and noticed a mini chaos occurring in the English Department. Tvs were set up and we saw first one, then two planes hitting the world trade center. Doesn't seem like 5 years ago. In rememberence.

If you have some time today, pelase check out my posting on Mixed Media Watch


apothegm -- noun: A short, witty, and instructive saying.

"It's a luxury being a writer, because all you ever think about is life"
--- Amy Tan