jeudi, janvier 19, 2006

Books, Books and More Books




So I was looking at Maryann's website last night and she had a great idea --- Book-itz 2006. The way I understand it, the people who participate have to create a list of books that they want to read for this year. So i have done just that. I have created a list of books that I have been wanting to read for the longest time. It sabout 50 or 51 titles. I just finished Danzy Senna's Caucasia which was really good and now I'm reading J.R. Moehringer's The Tender Bar. So far so good with The Tender Bar. Its so well written and its a poignant and engaging read. More on the book when I finish. I encourage all my fellow bibliophiles to go to here and create your own book list. It would be great to create a list of notable books that we could read and suggest to each other.

diktat -- n: 1. A harsh settlement unilaterally imposed on a defeated party 2. An authoritative decree or order

"The end of all education should surely be service to others. We cannot seek achievement for ourselves and forget about the progress and prosperity for our community. Our ambitions must be broad enough to include the aspirations and needs of others."
-Cesar Chavez