vendredi, janvier 20, 2006

R.I.P. Wilson Pickett



Last night, my beloved Wilson Pickett passed away at 64 years young of a heart attack. "In the Midnight Hour" was one of the first soul songs that I can consciously remember pervading my household in my youth and on those three hour trips to visit my grandparents in Northern Louisiana. I grew up an 80s baby and soul and gospel music pervaded my house. The timbre of his voice and the depth of his soul reminds me of of my childhood. I will miss him...

confrere -- n: a fellow member of a fraternity or profession; a colleague; a comrade; an intimate associate

"The end of all education should surely be service to others. We cannot seek achievement for ourselves and forget about the progress and prosperity for our community. Our ambitions must be broad enough to include the aspirations and needs of others."
-Cesar Chavez